Wow we’re almost already at the end of 2022. Sitecore’s MVP nomination season opened up again.
At the beginning of the year I received my 13th Sitecore MVP title from Sitecore and during the year I’ve been working on a prestigious Sitecore platform where we now have multiple headless JSS Sites in production. I’ve worked on some open-source Sitecore projects, and continued with my Sitecore blogging, something I increased a lot since 2019 & 2020 & 2021.
Unfortunately my year didn’t go well for me physically. In June 2022 I tore my anterior cruciate ligament (ACL), and thereafter had just bad luck. With 3 surgeries recently and a long recovery ahead of me, this unfortunately affected my good start of 2022. At the moment I’m still recovering by doing physical therapy 4x a week, but I’m confident I will come back stronger in 2023 and will make sure to pick up my extra Sitecore activities again!
My highlights this year would be SUGCON Europe 2022 in Budapest, where I first of all presented, but was also the first in-person conference again after the Covid-19 pandemic. Another highlight would be the multi-site SXA headless Next.js/JSS project I’ve worked on. I’ve learned a ton (React, SXA Headless, Nextjs, JSS, LayoutService, Rendering Contents Resolver) which will for sure make it into multiple blog-posts/video’s next year.
Now with the Sitecore MVP 2023 nominations coming up, with this blog-post I would like to write down what my contributions were in 2022 to the Sitecore Community.
- January 31, 2022 – Kayee’s Robbert Hock Wins 13th Sitecore Most Valuable Professional Award
- March 13, 2022 – Version 1.3 for Sitecore Module Docker Asset Image Creator project released
- March 17, 2022 – Come see my presentation at SUGCON Europe 2022
- March 25, 2022 – SUGCON Europe 2022 slides on ‘Creating Docker Asset Images for your own Sitecore modules’
- April 4, 2022 – Sitecore User Group Germany – Recap of my SUGCON Europe 2022 presentation
- April 13, 2022 – Sitecore Module Docker Asset Image Creator v1.4 Released
- April 14, 2022 – Video of my presentation at the Sitecore Special Lunch – German Sitecore User Group
- April 19, 2022 – Kayee’s Robbert Hock joins Sitecore MVP Program
- May 10, 2022 – Sitecore Module Docker Asset Image Creator v1.5 Released
- May 18, 2022 – Sitecore Standard Values Podcast – Robbert Hock / Sultan Semlali
- June 1, 2022 – Finally joined the Sitecore 10 .NET Developer Certified ranks
- June 3, 2022 – Video of my SUGCON presentation: Creating Docker Asset Images for your own Sitecore modules
- July 18, 2022 – Sitecore XM Cloud – Introduction Part 1
- July 19, 2022 – Sitecore XM Cloud – Introduction Part 2
- July 20, 2022 – How to set a Sitecore Content Editor Warning as ‘Information’ and not as ‘Warning’
- October 18, 2022 – Sitecore releases ‘Content Hub One’ at Sitecore Symposium 2022
Sitecore open-source contributions
I contributed to or shared the following Sitecore open-source projects/code:
- https://github.com/KayeeNL/Sitecore.DataExchange.Gutters, where I upgraded the code to a more open source variant with Unicorn and upgraded the project to be compliant with Sitecore 9.3 and DEF 4.0.0 and Sitecore 10 & 10.1 with DEF 5.0.0.
- https://github.com/KayeeNL/SI-Snitch, where I upgraded the code compliant with Sitecore 9.3, Sitecore 10 & 10.1.
- https://github.com/KayeeNL/SolrCloud-Helpers, where I upgraded the automated SolrCloud install to be compliant with Solr 8.4 & Sitecore 10 versions.
- https://github.com/KayeeNL/sitecore-sif-deploy-xconnect-models, A Powershell script project that uses SIF to deploy your custom xConnect models to your xConnect instance.
- https://github.com/KayeeNL/sitecore-module-docker-asset-image-creator, a Powershell script that handles the auto creation of a Docker Asset Image for a given Sitecore Module.
- https://github.com/KayeeNL/Community.Foundation.RemoteCacheKick, upgraded the project, which allows to clear the remote server caches from a CM server, all the way from 8.2 to 9.3 all the way up to 10.2.
For 2023 my goals are to continue to work on great Headless Sitecore projects (Next.js/JSS/SXA Headless), do even more technical talks (weather that’s on stage or on YouTube), and hopefully get to explore more Headless Sitecore products (CDP, OrderCloud, XM Cloud).
But maybe more important, I hope to see you all in real life again, whether that’s during SUGCON Europe 2023 or at a Sitecore Symposium 2023 (since I had to miss this year’s in-person event in Chicago due to my knee injury).
Tips & Tricks for your MVP nomination
Here are some tips and tricks that might help you with your application:
- Frequently Asked Questions for the Sitecore MVP application
- What information is needed for the Sitecore MVP application?
- Sitecore Ambassador MVP Application Guidance
Wishing you all a great 2023 with lots of Sitecore-ing! Good luck on your Sitecore MVP nominations!