Wow we’re already near the end of 2020. The time has moved fast. And what a year it has been. COVID-19 has changed the world and affected us all in 2020. Hereby I would like to express that I hope you and your loved ones are healthy and remain healthy.
At the beginning of the year I received my 11th Sitecore MVP title from Sitecore and during the year I’ve been working on some prestigious Sitecore platforms, working on various Sitecore update projects, and continued with my Sitecore blogging that I picked up last year.
With the Sitecore MVP 2021 nominations coming up. in this blog-post I would like to write down what my contributions were in 2020 to the Sitecore Community.
Sitecore blogs (technical & semi-technical)
- January 13, 2020 – Sitecore 9.3 Installation – Preparations
- January 14, 2020 – Sitecore 9.3 Installation – Prerequisites
- January 15, 2020 – Sitecore 9.3 Installation – Solr 8.1.1
- January 17, 2020 – Sitecore 9.3 Installation
- August 24, 2020 – What’s new in Sitecore JSS version 14.0 for Sitecore 10
- August 26, 2020 – Gutters for Sitecore Data Exchange Framework updated to Sitecore 9.3.0 & DEF 4.0.0
- August 28, 2020 – Gutters for Sitecore Data Exchange Framework updated to Sitecore 10.0.0 & DEF 5.0.0
- September 22, 2020 – Sitecore Data Exchange Framework 1.4.1 to 4.0.0 upgrade tips
- September 25, 2020 – Getting started with Sitecore Headless Development, ASP.NET Core & Docker containers
- September 29, 2020 – Sitecore 10 Headless Development with ASP.NET Core & Docker containers – Architecture overview
- October 6, 2020 – Sitecore 10 Headless ASP.NET Core & Docker – Helix Example Site
- November 5, 2020 – Sitecore SI Snitch upgrade to support versions Sitecore 9.3 & Sitecore 10.0.0
Sitecore User Group Netherlands (SUGNL)
SUGNL, which I co-founded back in 2012, is one of the biggest Sitecore User Groups out there in Europe. With over 50 to 60 people at each meetup, SUGNL has organized only 2 in-person SUGNL meetups due to COVID-19. I’ve opened and/or organized the following meetups:
- January 21, 2020 – Creates, Utrecht
- March 03, 2020 – Achmea, Apeldoorn
Other Sitecore blogs & announcements
- January 30, 2020 – Robbert Hock wins Core Community Friend 2020 award
- January 31, 2020 – Kayee’s Robbert Hock Wins 11th Sitecore Most Valuable Professional Award
- October 21, 2020 – Sitecore Symposium 2020 – Day 1 – Sessions you must attend as a developer
- October 21, 2020 – Sitecore Symposium 2020 – Day 2 – Sessions you must attend as a developer
- October 21, 2020 – Sitecore Symposium 2020 – Must-see Developer On-Demand + Training sessions
Sitecore Youtube video’s
I produced a total of 8 Sitecore YouTube video’s in 2020 with a total running time of 1 hour and 3 minutes of demo material. You can watch my YouTube channel here.
Sitecore open-source contributions
I contributed to or shared the following Sitecore open-source projects/code:
- https://github.com/KayeeNL/Sitecore.DataExchange.Gutters, where I upgraded the code to a more open source variant with Unicorn and upgraded the project to be compliant with Sitecore 9.3 and DEF 4.0.0 and Sitecore 10 and DEF 5.0.0.
- https://github.com/KayeeNL/SI-Snitch, where I upgraded the code compliant with Sitecore 9.3 and Sitecore 10.0.0.
For 2021 my goals are to continue working on great Sitecore projects, contribute even more to the Sitecore Community from a technical perspective, and learn new Sitecore stacks such as Sitecore’s Content Hub, Sitecore Content as a Service (CaaS) and do even more with Docker and Headless Sitecore (JSS and .NET Core).
But maybe more important, I hope to see you all in real life again, whether it is in Budapest during SUGCON Europe 2021 or in Las Vegas at the Sitecore Symposium 2021.
Wishing you all a great 2021 with lots of Sitecore-ing! Good luck on your Sitecore MVP nominations!